Malta Property Agents

We hope you find in this website all the information you need to buy, rent or sell your property. Malta Property Agents are a group of experienced Real Estate Associates, trained in different sectors of the property market. Are you looking to purchase a home in Malta or Gozo, a traditional town house, villa, house of character or apartment, with a simple or luxury finish, in any of the towns or villages of the Maltese Islands? Or maybe you want to buy a sea front or luxury apartment in Sliema, St Julian’s or even Valletta? Our office, based in Balluta Bay, St Julian’s at Le Meridien Hotel and Spa, cater for all types of property transactions. We also have a large selection of property, Apartments and Villas to let for both, long or short term holiday rentals, business investments like offices, shops or restaurant leasing. Call us to discuss your property requirements today.
Renting in Malta - Properties for sale and Rent - Malta Real Estates - Holiday Homes  property for sale in malta - Malta Property for sale

Moving to Malta

All your residency questions answered!

Is there an official website to find information about Malta and settling there?

Yes, the government portal can be found at here you will find all the links to different ministries and downloadable forms.

Can foreigner visitors or residents make use of the Medical facilities and what are the costs?

EU citizens, visiting or resident in Malta are entitled to Free Public Health care. These have to be in possession of the appropriate E form issued from the country of origin. Private clinics are not covered by this entitlement.

Can residents bring in their pets and are they subject to quarantine?

Yes, they can.

i) If pets qualify under the “Pet Travel Scheme”, they do not require quarantine.

ii) Pets from qualifying countries, which have been vaccinated against Rabies e.g. UK, Ireland need to be quarantined for 21 days.

iii) Pets coming from countries, which do not qualify under the pet’s scheme, six calendar months. (see LINK)

Can residents import their car into Malta?

Yes, Registration tax is payable on the value and age of the car by all residents. VAT is payable only for cars originating from outside the EU.

Is there a special scheme for Permanent Residents?

Yes. Both EU and non-EU citizens may apply for permanent residency under the Residents Scheme Regulations 2004. An individual may obtain a certificate from the Inland Revenue Department, which certificate is issued for an indefinite period as long as certain conditions are satisfied on an annual basis. The conditions of this scheme were update in 2011 (see LINK)

What needs to be done to take up residence in Malta?

A specific form for either EU or non EU residents can be found at the Police Headquarters’ Immigration Division. This needs to be submitted within 3 months from arrival in Malta. Alternatively, High Net Earners can decide to take advantage of the Permanent Residency Scheme.

Can an immovable property be purchased in the name of a Company?

i) Yes, if the property is located in a special designated area. ii) Yes, as long as 75% of the share capital is held by persons who are EU citizens and who have resided in Malta for 5 consecutive years. The company must also operate in an EU state with all the directors having the 5 years residence qualifier. iii) If the property is required for an industrial or tourist project or as a contributor to the development of the economy of Malta.

Which are the special designated areas?

Portomaso (St Julian’s), Pender Gardens (St Julian’s), Tigne Point (Sliema), Fort Cambridge (Sliema), Madliena Village (Madliena), Tas Sellum (Mellieha), St Angelo Mansions (Birgu), Ta Monita (Marsascala), Fort Chambrai (Gozo), Kempinky Residency (Gozo).

What documents are needed to submit with an AIP application?

i) 2 passport sized photos,
ii) Copy of preliminary agreement of sale,
iii) copy of applicants detail page on passport

What is this permit called and what conditions are attached to it?

The permit is called an AIP (acquisition of immovable property). The application is made to the Ministry of Finance through your Notary who files it after you sign your preliminary agreement of your chosen property. Conditions attached to this permit include:-
i) The value of the property has to be not less than €110,000 in case of an apartment of maisonette and €183,500 in the case of a house or villa. These values can rise according to the cost of living index.
ii) The property should be used solely as a residence for applicant and his family.

Are there any exceptions to this permit requirement?

i) An EU citizen who is purchasing his/her main residence does not however require such permit.
ii) If any foreigner (even non EU) purchases immovable property in a special designated area.
iii) If an EU citizen has been a resident of Malta for more than 5 years.

Malta Property Agents specialize in the following types of property available for rent and for sale in Malta and Gozo. We offer converted and unconverted farmhouses, houses of character and town houses, furnished or unfurnished apartments, some with terraces and views. Villas with swimming pool, small or large gardens. Our selection of villas and apartments for rent are always updated. We offer furnished and unfurnished property for short holiday lets and long lets. We have a complete selection of fine homes in Malta and Gozo for sale and for rent.

Real Estate for rent - malta properties for sale - house of character - farmhouse - apartment - townhouse - villa - real estate for sale - Homes in Malta - Holiday Rentals - Malta Properties for rent - farmhouse for sale - flats for rent - apartment for rent - houses for rent

Website FOR SALE